5 Celebrities Who Opted for Surrogacy
Taking the surrogate route to have kids has become quite usual in India, and particularly among film celebrities. Popular actors in India had faith in surrogacy and opted it to conceive their children. The latest to join the bandwagon is noted director-cum-producer Karan Johar, who has acknowledged on Twitter about having two twins through surrogacy way, which is quite surprising since he never gave a hint about it.
Although ‘surrogacy’ was slammed by several groups in the past, before it was legalised, few actors have followed it. Please look at the list of people who underwent the process to have their own kids, including our very favourite Khan-duo, and enjoying their happy parenthood:
1. The first one to join the list is- King Khan Shahrukh Khan and Gauri Khan who conceived their third child AbRam through surrogacy, only after doctors confirmed they cannot have children medically.
2. Also, Bollywood’s Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao chose to have their son Azad Khan via surrogacy using IVF (in-vitro fertilization) technique. The couple were morally down after getting to know that they cannot have children medically, said Kiran Rao in one of their interviews.
3. Last year, the unmarried Hindi actor Tusshar Kapoor too had a baby boy with the help of this advanced medical technology. He named him as ‘Laksshya’. The actor today took to twitter and welcomed Karan to his league, ‘Karan you will be a terrific father to the twin joys, you deserve these little blessings! many congrats!!’
4. Salman’s younger brother Sohail Khan and his wife Seema also had their second child Yohan Khan through surrogacy, after they decided to have their second baby.
5. Tollywood makes no exemption to it as the talkative Manchu Lakshmi and husband Anand Srinivasan invited their darling daughter Vidya Nirvaana using the IVF surrogacy route.